How to keep Bathroom allergy free
In the bathroom you will find that the most common and troubling problems will come from all the moisture and consequent mold growth.
- By keeping the bathroom door open whenever the bathroom is not being used you will allow the moisture-laden air to escape and be replaced by fresh air.
- Because showers and shower curtains are such favored places by mold and mildew it is a good idea to wipe the walls and curtains of the shower area after each use. If your shower curtain starts to become moldy then simply replace it with a new one.
- If you can, try keeping the bathroom window open while showering to prevent the build up of moisture-laden air. You can always try installing a dehumidifier as well.
- Using a disinfectant especially formulated to kill mold and mildew, give the whole bathroom a thorough wipe down at least once a week to prevent the growth of these allergy causing fungi. Be sure to wipe inside of any bathroom closets or cupboards and drawers as well.
- Perform a regular and thorough check behind and inside all bathroom sinks, toilets, bidets and cabinets etc… for tell tale signs of leaks or other plumbing problems. Have any problems taken care of immediately.
- Be sure to thoroughly dry any wet towels or bathroom mats/rugs immediately after using.
|Allergic! Closets Living rooms Bathrooms Kitchens Hepa Workplace|