How to Eliminate Cockroaches
Believe it or not millions of people are allergic to cockroaches. The most common species are the German and Brownbanded varieties that live indoors, and they seem to be especially common in apartment buildings. Cockroaches like to hang around dark, warm, humid, narrow places nearand water and they have an incredible ability to hide in very teeny cracks. Unfortunately can multiply very quickly. The eggs of a single female and her offspring can produce more than 30,000 cockroaches in one year.
The allergens that cockroaches cause does not come from the cockroaches themselves, just like with dust mites, but by the proteins in their fecal matter, saliva, decomposing body parts and cast skins. Cockroaches usually concentrate in kitchens, however, their allergens can be found in bathrooms,, bedding, carpets, and overstuffed .
Several studies have been made that show that asthma is directed related to cockroaches. This is important to be aware of especially for those people that have children with asthma and who live in urban areas. Cockroach infestation can be quite difficult to get rid of especially if you are neighbor to a restaurant or live in an apartment building above one. The reason for this is that cockroaches eat almost anything, such as, grease, cardboard, paper, feces, dirty clothes etc. so the best way to handle them is to eliminate them with the help of a professional exterminator. The key is to change the conditions that attract them.
Tips for controlling cockroaches
- The first and primary goal with roaches is their total elimination. In order to do this properly it is best to seek the help of a professional exterminator. They will be able to inform you of the best way to deal with the cockroaches and once finished they can also tell you how to best keep your
If you would prefer not to use any toxic substances in your home then it is also possible to dust areas frequented by roaches with boric acid powder. This can give you safe long lasting protection provided that the areas dusted are kept dry and undisturbed. Boric acid powder works by clinging to the bodies of the cockroaches as they walk over it, killing the roaches only hours after they have ingested it. Be sure to never allow the powder to contaminate any or preparation areas. free from re-infestation. It is also possible to use "do it yourself" insecticides and traps but these later will almost never do as thorough a job as an exterminator.
- Completely and thoroughly clean your home to keep it free of dead roaches.
- After eliminating the cockroaches it is necessary to seal any cracks or holes in the floors, walls, doors, windows, window screens or any other openings out of your . Since roaches are attracted by moisture it is best to have any and all plumbing leaks repaired.
- Keep your kitchen cabinets, shelves spotless and be sure to clean around and under stoves, fridges and toasters to avoid the presence of crumbs or spills.
- Keep your kitchen surfaces free of crumbs, spills and beverages.
- All and drink should be stored in airtight glass or plastic receptacles.
- All floors should be regularly swept, mopped and/or vacuumed.
- Rather than leaving dirty dishes in the sink, wash them immediately.
- Your pet's and drink dishes should also be kept spotlessly clean.
- All garbage containers must have tight fitting lids and any trash should be gotten rid of regularly.
- Any newspapers, magazines, cardboard boxes or paper bags that are allow to stack up will provide perfect hiding areas and nesting grounds for cockroaches.
|Allergic! Cockroaches Indoor molds Outdoor molds|