Laundry rooms, garages and basements
Laundry rooms, basements and garages are also another place in thethat mold and bacteria like to accumulate in. Here are some tips on how to prevent them from invading your home.
- Don't use perfumed and dyed detergents when washing.
- Some people find fabric softeners to be quite bothersome because of the strong scents they let off. Avoid using them if you are allergic.
- Put your clothes in the dryer to dry them and avoid hanging them outside because this can attract pollens, molds, and other airborne pollutants.
- Keep spaces like the laundry room, garage and basement as clutter free as possible. Most people put all the stuff they don't need in their basements or garages, however you will want to consider getting rid of all the unnecessary unused items you have stored away. Avoid putting newspapers, boxes etc directly on the floor because they often times become moldy due to condensation.
- Make sure to check that your does not have any pipe leaks otherwise it will cause humidity and mold to spring up real quickly.
- Clean out all the air conditioning vents, furnace ducts, and electrostatic filters regularly. If you cannot do this job, have a service to do it for you.
- Use a HEPA filter in your heating unit and make sure to change it often.
- Stay away from vehicle exhaust and make sure that the door from the garage to the always remains closed.
|Allergic! Closets Living rooms Bathrooms Kitchens Hepa Workplace|