Before leaving the house
- Change the odor of the to make it interesting. Soak the in beet, chicken or liver broth and let it dry. Fill the cracks 01 nylon bones with cheese, peanut butter, or dried liver. As for the KONG and other related , leave a cookie inside. The dog will spend a lot of energy finding a way to reach the cookie.
- Fifteen to thirty minutes before leaving the , give the stuffed to your dog and ignore him, that is, no hugs or words that could excite or worry the dog. You can also hide a few bones in the so the dog can find them once you're gone.
When you return: Fifteen minutes after you return to the, ask your dog to bring you his . Congratulate and hug your dog it he brings it. In order to reinforce this behavior, give him a reward.
Correcting the problem 01 destruction: Thedevice allows the owner to easily redirect behavior it the dog has a tendency to chew the legs on chairs or tables, shoes, clothes, or has the bad habit of digging in flatbeds, eating plants and shrubs, or sharpening his claws on doors. The dog must be made to understand quickly that such behavior is unacceptable. When the dog ceases the offensive behavior, an alternative must be offered right away, such as a bone or an "acceptable " to chew on. The behavior of many demonstrates how predominant the use of the muzzle is, such as a puppy teething, or an adult that displays his predator instinct by attacking a chair. Offering an alternative will counter their natural needs to wreak havoc on your quality of life.
Procedure to correct the problem of destruction: You can use prevention alongside correction. The principle is easy: always firmly redirect a dog who chews unacceptable objects (VW "HEY'" + SHORT SPRAY"), and congratulate a dog that chews acceptable objects (SR "SOUND + GOOD!")
- Calmly and patiently, put your dog in the exact place where he was caught digging or otherwise destroying your property. As soon as the dog goes to the forbidden place and commits the error, give him the VW "HEY! + SHORT SPRAY". Use this technique each time the dog slips up. If, after three attempts, the dog refuses to comply, isolate him for an hour or so, and try again later.
- Redirect the dog towards an alternative to chew on, such as a bone or a , and set him free as you do so. Each time the dog finds himself in a situation where he could resume his destruction, he'll know that he can chew a bone or a , and not the legs o. your tables and chairs.
- If after two minutes of respite, the dog has not resumed his destructive pattern, congratulate him and give him the SR .SOUND + GOOD!", and withhold the treat.
- After five minutes, congratulate the dog with the SR "SOUND + GOOD!", and a treat.
It is strongly recommended to practice the exercise when your dog thinks you are absent. To do this, position yourself at a place where your dog cannot see you when the bad behavior occurs. At the precise moment when the dog engages in faulty behavior, give him the longspray without the verbal warning. Practice this exercise when the dog believes you are absent. The device will allow you to correct the behavior at a distance. You can also use Spray Barrier if necessary.
Many times a day, place the dog in a situation where the faulty behavior is most likely to occur. You must be vigilant, as the dog's behavior must be redirected, even if the dog is not wearing the collar.
Note: A dog learns very quickly by association; you can mimic the behavior when you see the spray. Crouch down at the exact place where the dog must not go, spray collar in hand. Trigger the device, and jump up and let out a sound of surprise so that your dog can see and hear your reaction. It is also recommended to put someat the exact place where you do not wish your dog to go. The dog will recognize the smell and act accordingly.