Cats differ fromon many levels. However, principles in this manual which were specifically designed for , such as SR “SOUND + GOOD!” and the verbal! Warning (VW) also apply to cats.
The device can be placed at the forbidden spot, and discharged at a distance when the cat approaches it. After a few attempts, the cat will learn no to go to this sport. His method especially applies to cats who claw the, eat plants and electrical wiring in your , cats that run away, climb up the curtains, forage in the garbage, jump up on the counters, unroll the toilet paper, pull out the rugs, and steal other animal’s .
Feline Destruction: Cats have the innate urge to scrath objects. Certain cats have bigger tendencies than others. Scratching maintains the health of the claws by eliminating particles of used claw. Scratching maintains the health of the claws by eliminating particles of used claw. Scratching a tree is a natural, visual, and olfactory mark. Unfortunately,cats scratch instead of trees! Cats always select feature objects to destroy, such as sofas, , or a tree, situated near the resting area. He generally scratches upon awakening. Cats prefer scratching vertically-oriented objects. However, he will scratch horizontal objects if these have an attractive texture such as a soft-wood floor, a rug, or a woollen surface.
Prevention and Correction: It is always preferable to prevent rather than remedy to a situation. As preventative measure, manipulate and clip the claws frequently when the cats is very young. This aims at bringing the cat to use a scratching post instead of your beautiful. Make the place the cat has adopted to scratch inaccessible.
- If the cat has favorite objects, hide them.
- Clip the claws every two or three weeks.
- Buy yourself a pole made of soft wood, covered with material (rugs are favorites). The pole must be tall enough to accommodate a cat that is fully extended on his hind legs. The pole must not fall. The ideal spot is near his resting place or near the scratching area. Once your have bought it, take your cat’s front legs, and rub them on the pole to create a sense of property.
- Then, identify all the objects the cat likes to scratch, and make them a lot less interesting.
- Use the technique of correction from a distance. This type of correction, using a scratching post, is ideal to redirect behavior. However, this correction must be used steadfastly. We recommend ®. Place the device in the exact spot you wish to get the cat away from; as soon as he readies himself to scratch, press on the remote control to trigger the spray.
Other types of destruction are related to play and exploration. Cats love to jump on the refrigerator, or the kitchen counter. They play with objects. They climb up the curtains. They can use a planter or flower pot as a litter box.
Using correction from a distance with® allows to manage most behaviors problems. Here is an example of correction from a distance: your cat has the nasty habit of using your favorite flower (inside the pot), and watch your cat from a distance. As soon as he prepares to use the inappropriate litter box, press on the button and the spray will make him understand that his behavior is erroneous.
Furthermore,extract placed under the edge of the counter will serve to repel the cat, thus preventing him from jumping onto it. For more stubborn cats, we suggest your placing the device ON the counter. Watch the cat from a distance, and as soon as he jumps, immediately use the spray. Think of a way to place the device so that it is as inconspicuous as possible.
Here is a seconds example. A cat has the unfortunate habit of climbing onto the kitchen table. Place the device on the table and trigger it each time the cat tries to climb/jump. After a short while, the cat will understand and will avoid that area.