Programming the Remote Control
- Place the battery in the remote control.
- Press buttons 1 and 3 simultaneously until you hear a beep. There must be a distance of 4 to 6 feet between the device and the remote control. Note that all devices with in a radius of twenty yards (20m) will be programmed with the same device.
- Check if the collar works.
- You must reprogram the device every time you reinstall the battery.
Using the Remote Control
- The upper setting (no 1) emits a sound.
- The center setting (no 2) sends a short spray.
- The lower setting (no 3) sends a long spray.
When you trigger the spray, the dog must not see you pointing the remote control towards him. In order not to associate the spray with your presence, he must believe that the spray “comes from nowhere”. Otherwise, he will understand that the must be good and obey only in your presence. In order to accomplish this, hide the remote control in your pocket, and look elsewhere at the moment you trigger the device, as if nothing happened. Act as naturally as possible, and concentrate on something else.
The spray settings (short / long): The spray setting are used to distract the dog. The more a dog seems absorbed by his activity, the stronger the setting will have to be to redirect him. For example, if your dog finds himself in a frenzied fight, you must be able to call him back to your side; yo would therefore use the long spray.
- We recommend you leave at least 1 meter between the remote control and the device when you press on one of the spray buttons, either to check if the device works, or to educate your dog.
- Waves sent by the remote control can be intercepted by other signal emitted by devices such as television sets or working computers. Furthermore, these waves can be reflected and cause interference with each other if left in a closed, cramped space. Because of these conditions, the device mechanism might not respond to pressure on the settings of the remote control.
- Do not attempt to repair the device yourself. This will invalidate the guarantee, and will make repairing it more difficult. If the spray collar doesn´t work, call our customer service department at 1-8000-303-0244.
- Do not expose the remote-control and the spray collar to freezing temperatures, or to those superior to 45 degrees C. Be particularly careful not to leave it on a window sill in the sun, in a car on a summer day, etc.
- ® is protected against splashing water, but not immersion. Never submerge the device in water. To clean the device, use a dam cloth, with non-abrasive detergent. Dry with care.
I t is possible that the spray collar will not work when you press on one of the buttons on the remote control. If such is the case, please check the following:
- It the battery on the spray collar is still in working order. Change the 6v battery. Most people (80%) who communicate with us for this problem simply forgo to change the battery that no longer holds the original amount of energy. Make sure you test the battery before purchase, and remove the battery from the device before each use.
- It the spray is well filled with aerosol. Take a full refill of . Fill the spray collar, following the directions entitled “Filling the device”. There should be no leakage of aerosol from the device if it is filled properly. Be sure you set your device on a flat surface, placing the spray refill can vertically and pressing firmly into the fill-up valve.
- The remote control on Spray Commader® stimulates the spray collar by emitting radio waves. The latter can be stopped by topographical anomalies, or absorbed by fog, forests, iron and concrete. Waves can also be perturbed by the sound of bicycles, electric power lines, transformers, or another emitter. When you want to evaluate the range of your device, make sure the area you are in does not perturb emission waves. For maximum emission power, don’t forget to check the batteries of the remote control, as well as the battery on the spray collar.