Using Spray Commander: Preliminary Remarks
Don’t let the dog see you prepare the device, neither for the first try, nor for subsequent use. Keep your dog away while you adjust the spray collar and the remote control, as well as when you fill the device with the spray refill, or change the battery.
Preparing the Spray Collar
Filling the device
- Set the device on a flat surface, with the outport (valve) and fill-up valves upwards.
- Place the spray refill can vertically, with the tip pointing downwards.
- Insert the aerosol tip in the fill – up valve.
- Press firmly for 10 seconds and release pressure.
- Press for another 10 seconds and release.
The device must be filled on a flat surface. Never fill the device while the dog is wearing it.
Inserting the battery
- Slide off the cover.
- Insert the battery without forcing it, keeping the polarity in mind (+ -)
Note: When you change the battery on the device, always leave the device without a battery for at least thirty seconds, so as to allow the electronics on the receiver to reinitialize itself. For the sake of economy, remove the battery between each use.
Installing the Device
- Moderately tighten the collar so you can easily pass two fingers between the neck and he device. The spray nozzle must be properly directed towards the dog’s nose. If for any reason the device should slip to the side of the dog’s neck, it should be loose enough to return to its original position.
- For long-haired , the strap must be lengthened so as to free the out port from the spray collar.
- Accustom the dog to wearing the spray collar without the battery for a few days, to ensure the device becomes a part of his normal environment. Make sure the device is always ready to function, should the dog display undesirable behavior. We recommend that you verify the device every day to have a proper supply of spray.
- Remove the spray collar often to accustom the dog to this process. Always
- If the dog is not wearing the collar, install it at least 20 minutes before the exercise session, so that the dog doesn’t associate wearing the spray collar with the outing or the exercise.
Store the device and keep it clean; avoid immersing it in water, and keep out of reach of children.