Complete body language
- Normal situation: the exemplars will show their head high, relaxed tail, tongue and jaws relaxed, and erected ears. In general an aspect of relaxation at all moments.
- Dominance: head high, tail high, open mouth exposing its incisors, erected ears, general stretching of the body accompanied by profound and constant growls. In the probable situation of contact between two exemplars: the dominant dog reposes his head on the loin of the non dominant be plausible of submission dog.
- Threat: High head, erect tail, mouth partly open with a slight folding of the lips, constant growling, ears erect kept up sight.
- Aggression: head high, completely straight tail as following the loin, open mouth showing their maw, ears slanted backwards, fix sight, general stretching of the body.
- Submission: low head, tail hidden between hind legs to protect its genitals, mouth shut, folded ears, crouching posture. In the contact between two exemplars the submissive can even lick the dominant´s lips.
- Total submission: low head, tail hidden between hind legs to protect its genitals, mouth shut, folded ears, ventral posture. In the contact between two exemplars, the submissive can even urinate itself.
- Anxiety: low head, tail partly hidden, mouth slightly open, ears partly folded, uneasy sight.
- Insecurity: low head, tail rigid and downwards, mouth slightly open showing its incisors, ears folded, bristled loin. In general body totally tense.
- Playing petition: front legs stretched with inclination towards the ground of the rear part of the body, hind up, tail high and in constant movement, jaws relaxed, ears erect, constant nervous barking.
|Dog Behaviorist Expression canals Complete body language|