Before you get your Puppy -Getting a Puppy
Some questions to ask yourself before getting a puppy
- Do you realistically have enough time to dedicate to the new puppy?
- If your work requires for you to be away a lot, are you considering getting a puppy sitter?
- If you are thinking about getting a big active dog, are you the type of person that enjoys doing exercise and will you be consistent and take the dog out so that he gets all the exercise he needs?
- What type of dog do you really want? Do you want a mellow, tranquil dog, or an active one?
- There are some breeds that are real barkers. Are you looking for a dog that will only bark when it is necessary?
- What is the reason you are getting the dog? Are you lookingfor protection, a companion, a hunting dog? Or are you looking for one you can put on your lap and hug and cuddle?
- If you are interested in getting a dog with a long coat. Are you willing to put up with all the hair that is constantly going to be all over your couches, floor, and ?
- If you want to get a long coated dog, are you willing to fork out the price of the grooming those breeds require at least once a month?
- If your or living space an appropriate place for a dog? Do you live in the city or the country? This is a very important factor to keep in mind before getting a dog. There are some big breeds that can have neurosis problems if they do not have the adequate amount of space.
- What kind of personality do you have? Are you a strong tempered person? Dogs should not be yelled at, and they are not made to let your temper out on. If you choose a dominating dog, your strong character might be confronted by your dominating dog, and you could have problems. Not all are submissive.
- Are you under the impression that a dog stays as clean as his owner?
- These are just a few questions you should consider when thinking about getting a dog. Another very important factor is to never get a puppy or dog as an "entertainment " for a child.
- There are probably many other questions one could ask himself before getting a puppy, but they are not playing matter, and they should be deeply considered.