Building a dog house roof
Once the walls and floor are done, you can begin on the roof, now this is can be tricky if not followed right, so make sure your extra careful when cutting out the dogroof panels, there is a very good reason why they aren't the same size.
- This roof is made in such away that you can take it off easily for practical cleaning. Using a pair of gussets underneath the roof make the structure sturdier and hold the roof panels at a 90 degree angle (See picture)
- Following the cutting list carefully, cut the roof panels, remember one side should be ¾ in longer so it can overlap the other at the roof peak.
- Making the roof gussets: Follow the dimensions shown on the assembly graphic ,draw the first gusset out carefully on a sheet of plywood, then cut it with a jig or circular saw, once its cut out use it to outline the second one, its very important they are exactly the same size. If you make a small mistake on one its fine, as long as they are both the same size.
- Attaching the rood panels: Apply wood glue along the edge of the shorter panel and place the longer panel overlapping the side at a 90 degree angle. Fasten with five 2 in screws, to hold the panels in place.
- Adding the gussets: Draw a line on the inside of the roof panels (this might be easier to do before you glue them together) 1 in from the edge, this will mark where the gussets will be secured. Spread wood glue over the top side of the gussets and secure along the drawn line with a clamp. Then fasten with 2 in screws.