Building a dog run
Here is some helpful advice for anyone who is thinking of building a dog run or even just looking to enlarge or remodel.
You can build a dog run so that it is like an oversized dogor you could choose to put together a much simpler dog run that is made of a simple wire mesh fencing with a gate.
Below are some basic questions that you should take some time to contemplate on.
- What kind of surface are you going to build the dog run on and what type of material are you planning to use as the floor of the dog run?
- When you finish building the dog run will it be exposed to the sun, rain and wind or will it be sheltered?
- Does your part of the country experience extremely cold or hot seasons?
- Are you planning to have your dog in the run at all times?
- Do you live in the inner city where the crime rate is high and where there is always the chance of someone trying to steal your dog?
- Is your home in an area known to be frequented by wild animals and especially by large carnivores that might look on your pet as an easy meal?
- Is your dog neutered or sexually active?
By carefully looking at these questions you will have a better idea of the kind of dog run you should build.