Dog Canine first aid kit
It is always a good idea to have a first aid kit in thefor your pets. Even a relatively small canine problem can turn into a big one if not dealt with promptly. And large problems can have a much more positive outcome if dealt with efficiently and quickly by the dog owner. Here is a list of things that are important for any well stocked canine first aid kit to contain.
- Roll of cotton wool, cotton balls
- Gauze pads and gauze tape
- Oral syringes
- Surgical gloves
- 2cm surgical tape
- Ice pack
- Digital thermometer
It is also a good idea to keep a file with your dog's medical records near to this canine first aid kit. Contents could include:
- Information concerning immunizations (with the date)
- List all medications your dog is receiving or has received
- Any parasite or flea medication which your dog is taking should also be noted
- Records of any blood tests and results
- Copies of veterinary invoices and exam sheets. These will help provide important information if another veterinarian besides your normal one has to check your dog.