Dog Snake Bite

Dog snake bite: Keep your dog calm and still because the less it moves the less the venom travels through its body. Never cut the snake bite or try to suck out the venom. Also do not apply a tourniquet to the bite area. The quicker you can get your dog to the emergency clinic the better its chances of survival will be. Snakebites are very painful so handle your dog carefully to avoid causing it more pain or getting bit accidentally by your dog.

Dog insect stings: Dogs can suffer allergic reactions to insect bites that if not taken care of can lead to much more serious injury. If your dog gets stung by an insect it is best to contact your dog's veterinarian and explain the event to them as well as any physical reaction that the dog may be having. Waspstings: Wash the affected area with a solution of vinegar and water. Bee stings: Remove the stinger with tweezers (the stinger looks like a short dark hair). Place a water and sodium bicarbonate paste over the sting.

Suspected dog poisoning: There are some substances that if a dog eats can cause adverse reactions. Some plants while not deadly can cause your dog to become poisoned or to suffer from intestinal problems. Some other dangerous and toxic substances are things like rat poison, antifreeze (dogs like the taste because it's sweet), paint containing lead and many human medicines. When you suspect that your dog has ingested a toxic substance, get in touch with your veterinarian right away or contact an emergency animal clinic and they will tell you what to do. It's a good idea to find the container of the substance and to take this to the clinic with you to show the veterinarian. This will greatly help your dog receive the appropriate treatment.

seeFIDODogs / AccidentsInjured DogFractured BonesDog ChokingDog FaintingDog FracturesDog DrowningDog Heat StrokeDog AsphyxiationDog CollapseDog Artificial RespirationDogs and PoisonDog Snake Bite