How to build a Dog House Step 4 Building the Front Frame
Building the Front Frame
1 – 1.5" x 1.5" x 29" top plate (3.80cm x 3.80cm x 73.70cm)
2 -- 1.5" x 1.5" x 7.5" bottom plate
4 -- 1.5" x 1.5" x 30 ½" studs
1. Secure the far left stud of the door frame to the corner stud of the side frame.
The stud should be sitting 1 ½" over the base to so the bottom plate to fit beneath it.
To make this easier, simply place a 1 ½" piece of wood beneath the stud, and then fasten the stud to the corner stud of the side frame using wood screws.
2. The same is done on the far right stud of the door frame.
3. Using wood screws, secure the middle stud of door frame to the corner of the bottom plate.
4. This process is done twice so that both sides of the front frame can be finished.
5. Slide the L-shaped piece (consisting of bottom plate with the center stud attached) under the side stud of the front frame and secure it to base with wood screws.
Repeat process for both sides.
6. Screw the top plate to front frame.