Insulated Dog House Plan -Installing the Insulation and Exterior Paneling Step 08b
Installing the Insulation and Exterior Paneling
3. Trim the Paneling for the Front Framework.
On the front framework, the panels need to be cut:
Sides of the doorway - cut to 11" in length.
Above the doorway (below A-frame) - cut to 36" in length.
A-frame - angle cut to size using a jigsaw.
Tip for using an insulated dogplan: Continue this method until you cover the entire front framework (including A-frame) with the paneling.
When placing the paneling, use wooden screws.
Drill all screws in the paneling in a straight line to give it a professional look.
4. Do the same with the back framework and A-frame.
5. Install the insulation in the side frameworks. None go in the window of course.
6. Cut Side Paneling to Length - cut to 4' 11" in length.
(4'11" will cover the front and back paneling edges. Seephoto 8E)
Attach the side paneling in the same method as the front and back.
I chose to work from the bottom of the bottom of the roof down, but it doesn't really matter, do it whatever way you feel more comfortable, but you will need to trim of the sides with the jigsaw, wherever needed.
Insulation ofTip: Paneling may go beyond the top or bottom of the window. If so, simply trip them down with the saw.
8. Continue attaching the paneling until the entire side and repeat with the other side. (see photo 8E).
Step 09 Installing the Inner Roof and Insulation