Pills for Dogs
Before giving your dog pills of any kind always check with his veterinarian especially if the pills were intended for human use. If you need to administer pills to your dog you can follow these steps.
- Hold the top of your dog's muzzle in one hand and squeezing on his teeth, open slowly.
- With the pill in between the finger and thumb of your other hand gently place it inside of the dog's mouth until you can deposit the pill at the back close to the throat.
- After placing pill in his mouth, close it and hold it shut until sure that he has swallowed.
- You can also gently blow on your dog's nose once you have closed his mouth to stimulate him to swallow.
- Pills can also be hidden in special , like peanut butter.
Always give your dog plenty of affection and praise after any medical treatment so that he will not dread the next occurrence.